Sharinda Welton, The University of Findlay’s director of student activities, commuter services and leadership development, recently was recognized with the Regional Advisor of the Year Award from the Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities (APCA). She was presented with the award at the annual APCA Midwest Regional conference in Coralville, Iowa, on Oct. 27.
Welton advises Campus Program Board (CPB), a student-led group that works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus. She was selected from advisers at more than 100 schools, which are members of the APCA in the 12-state Midwest Region. Welton will move on as a finalist for the National Advisor of the Year Award, which will be presented in March 2013 at the APCA National Programming Conference in Atlanta, Ga.
Findlay student and CPB officer Sierra Hutton nominated Welton for the award. She submitted a written nomination to APCA explaining Welton’s ability to provide support and help students grow. Hutton also made it clear that CPB would not be the same without her.
- New Partnership Between University of Findlay, Tiffin University and Ashland University Offers Reduced Graduate Tuition for Employees
- SGA Unmasks Headliner for Spring Music Festival
- Daniel Hill Speaks on How to Continue Martin Luther King Jr.'s Work at 2020 MLK Celebration
- Learning Here, Learning There: UF Alumna is in the Right Place
- University of Findlay awarded Choose Ohio First grant for computer science scholarships
- UF to Host “All That Jazz” for Annual Pops Concert