Sharinda Welton, The University of Findlay’s director of student activities, commuter services and leadership development, recently was recognized with the Regional Advisor of the Year Award from the Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities (APCA). She was presented with the award at the annual APCA Midwest Regional conference in Coralville, Iowa, on Oct. 27.
Welton advises Campus Program Board (CPB), a student-led group that works to bring high-quality entertainment to campus. She was selected from advisers at more than 100 schools, which are members of the APCA in the 12-state Midwest Region. Welton will move on as a finalist for the National Advisor of the Year Award, which will be presented in March 2013 at the APCA National Programming Conference in Atlanta, Ga.
Findlay student and CPB officer Sierra Hutton nominated Welton for the award. She submitted a written nomination to APCA explaining Welton’s ability to provide support and help students grow. Hutton also made it clear that CPB would not be the same without her.
- Thank You, Day of Giving Donors!
- Alumna’s Growing Nonprofit Calls Downtown Findlay Home for a Decade
- Physical Therapy Students to Host Community Wellness Day
- UF Receives Grants for Digital Storytelling and Entrepreneurial Student Projects
- Derrick Reveal: Senior Joseph O’Toole Confirms Suspicions
- 2019 IHSA Western Semifinals