University of Findlay’s Winter Pops Concert will offered virtually on Sunday, March 7. This year’s concert, “Songs We Heard,” will be presented by the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble at 3 p.m.
This free, virtual Winter Pops performance is open to the public and will be livestreamed on UFTV’s YouTube Channel.
Wes King, band director, will conduct the band in a concert full of familiar music. Some titles to be performed include:
- “Seventy Six Trombones” (1957/97) by Meredith Wilson, arr. Bocook
- “The Mandalorian” (2020) by Ludwig Göransson, arr. Murtha
- Remember Me (2017) by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, arr. Vinson
- Bandology (1963/2020) by Eric Osterling
- This Cruel Moon (2017) by John Mackey
- Dreamsong (2006) by Richard L. Saucedo
- American Riversongs (1991) by Pierre La Plante
“The overarching theme for this year is familiarity,” King said. One of the things King found with his students, is that they were craving familiarity in these unusual times. “We want to share the comfort of familiar songs with people as we are navigating strange times,” he explained. This concert of popular songs is sure to leave spectators feeling happy, hopeful, and humming along.
Learn more about upcoming concerts and arts events on the Visual and Performing Arts Events webpage.