The University of Findlay’s University Singers will present their annual “Family Concert” at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 21, in Winebrenner Theological Seminary.
Tickets are free, but a limited number are available. Contact the UF Box Office to reserve tickets: 419-434-5335. Any remaining tickets will be available at the door.
The University Singers is a group of students chosen by audition and directed by Micheal F. Anders, Ph.D., professor of music. Brenda Hoyt-Brackman, lecturer of dance, is choreographer for the group.
The April 21 performance will include selections from Broadway shows such as “Bye Bye Birdie,” “Wicked,” “Dreamgirls” and others. The Singers also will perform a “Jersey Boys” medley, including songs such as “December 1963 (Oh, What a Night),” “Working My Way Back to You” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You.”
The University Singers also will perform “Cinema Italiano” from the film “Nine” by Maury Yeston and the theme from the movie “Spider Man.”
The group consists of 16 vocalists, a pianist, a drummer and an electric bass player.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning