Darin E. Fields, Ph.D., will join The University of Findlay in July as vice president for academic affairs.
Fields is vice president for academic affairs, dean of the faculty and Sarah B. Cochran Professor of English at Bethany College in West Virginia, a position he has held since 2009.
“Dr. Fields will bring with him years of leadership experience in higher education and a collaborative, creative approach to our work together,” said Katherine Fell, Ph.D., president of the University.
Prior to his post at Bethany College, Fields was dean of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences from 2003-2008 and was chair of the Division of Humanities from 1999-2003 at Wilkes University. While serving there, Fields was awarded both the Carpenter Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award and the Outstanding Faculty Award.
Fields has a Ph.D. in early American literature from the University of Delaware; an M.A. in English from the University of Delaware; and a B.A. in English from the University of Arizona.
Fields succeeds Daniel May, Ph.D., who left the University this month after accepting the position of provost at the University of New Haven in Connecticut.
- Thankful for Oilers Here, There and Everywhere: Thanksgiving 2020
- #GivingTuesday ’20: Giving in a Time it’s Needed Most
- UF Celebrates Arbor Day 2020 with Two New Trees
- UF to Bring the North Pole to Findlay with Letters to Santa Drive-thru
- UF Bands and Orchestra to Offer Two Free Virtual Concerts
- Computer Science Department Celebrates Cybersecurity Awareness Month