The United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, will hold a naturalization ceremony at The University of Findlay at 12:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, in the Koehler Fitness and Recreation Complex with the Honorable Vernelis K. Armstrong, United States Magistrate, Northern District of Toledo, presiding.
Community members are welcome to attend. Watch it live online at findlay.edu/live.
Christina Terry, a senior at The University of Findlay, will open and adjourn the court. Sandra Agans Krueger, mezzo soprano, guest vocalist, will lead the National Anthem and “America the Beautiful,” accompanied by the Riverdale High School band. Douglas J. Everett, The University of Findlay junior, public relations chair of the UF Student Government Association will lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
Zoe Wahbeh, senior, Findlay High School, will address the Benefits of Citizenship. Hancock County Seniors Liberty Benton, Marisa Burkett; McComb, Briana Herr and Van Buren, Dylan Sexton will address the Obligations of Citizenship.
The Riverdale High School band, under the direction of Beth Voll, Director of Bands, Riverdale High School will provide music for the program.
John Hancock Chapter, Ohio Society, Sons of the American Revolution led by Mr. Daniel Haas, will Present the Colors.
Catherine Garcia-Feehan, Esq., law clerk to the Honorable Judge David A. Katz, will offer remarks, and Tina Brown, United States District Court jury and naturalization clerk, will present certificates to new citizens.
- Unique Perspective: Alumnus Dallas Smith ’17 Believes in Service
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm