The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a spring concert, “Song of Praise,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21, in Heminger Auditorium at Findlay High School.
Community members are welcome at no cost; however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
A variety of hymns for band are to be performed under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands. Featured soloist and UF Concerto Competition of Instrumentalists winner Louis “Tony” Dellapina will perform Guilmant’s “Morceau Symphonique” for trombone and band.
The concert will conclude with a world premiere performance of a new work, “Be Thou My Vision,” a hymn setting for wind band and percussion, composed by Taylor.
- Prolific and Celebrated Prose Writer and Poet Nikki Grimes to Present at UF
- Broadway Sensation Laura Osnes to Perform at UF
- Athletics 101: Head Athletic Trainer at UF is More than Meets the Eye
- Cancer Fighting Compounds: Pharmacy Students Developing New Drug
- Lighting the Way: Sustainability Efforts Illuminating UF’s Western Farm
- The Princeton Review Names University of Findlay a 'Best in the Midwest' Institution