The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a spring concert, “Song of Praise,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21, in Heminger Auditorium at Findlay High School.
Community members are welcome at no cost; however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
A variety of hymns for band are to be performed under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands. Featured soloist and UF Concerto Competition of Instrumentalists winner Louis “Tony” Dellapina will perform Guilmant’s “Morceau Symphonique” for trombone and band.
The concert will conclude with a world premiere performance of a new work, “Be Thou My Vision,” a hymn setting for wind band and percussion, composed by Taylor.
- Faith, Flexibility and Forethought: Alumnus Phillip Riegle ’00 Stays Close to Roots
- Slippery Elm Literary Journal Hosts Deanna Tulley Multimedia Contest
- Religion Professor Publishes Monograph About Korean Philosopher Ham Sok Hon
- Findlay’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Program Receives Reaccreditation
- UF Theatre Presents Free Online Improv Show Directed by Alumna
- UF Pharmacy Alumna Awarded a Department of Veterans Affairs Coin