The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a spring concert, “Song of Praise,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21, in Heminger Auditorium at Findlay High School.
Community members are welcome at no cost; however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
A variety of hymns for band are to be performed under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands. Featured soloist and UF Concerto Competition of Instrumentalists winner Louis “Tony” Dellapina will perform Guilmant’s “Morceau Symphonique” for trombone and band.
The concert will conclude with a world premiere performance of a new work, “Be Thou My Vision,” a hymn setting for wind band and percussion, composed by Taylor.
- Choose Your Inspiration: Karen Beard M ‘96 Looks Back
- UF Hosting its 3rd Annual International Mother Language Day Event
- University of Findlay to Host “The Future of Food” Event on Campus
- University of Findlay’s Mazza Museum Celebrates Women’s Suffrage Movement Anniversary
- Alum to Speak about Ugandan National Forensic DNA Laboratory Fellowship
- Physician Assistant Lab Moves; Adds Simulated Surgical Suite