The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a spring concert, “Song of Praise,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21, in Heminger Auditorium at Findlay High School.
Community members are welcome at no cost; however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
A variety of hymns for band are to be performed under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands. Featured soloist and UF Concerto Competition of Instrumentalists winner Louis “Tony” Dellapina will perform Guilmant’s “Morceau Symphonique” for trombone and band.
The concert will conclude with a world premiere performance of a new work, “Be Thou My Vision,” a hymn setting for wind band and percussion, composed by Taylor.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning