The University of Findlay Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a spring concert, “Song of Praise,” at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21, in Heminger Auditorium at Findlay High School.
Community members are welcome at no cost; however, tickets to reserve seating are required. To reserve seating, contact the UF box office at 419-434-5335.
A variety of hymns for band are to be performed under the direction of Jack Taylor, professor of music and director of bands. Featured soloist and UF Concerto Competition of Instrumentalists winner Louis “Tony” Dellapina will perform Guilmant’s “Morceau Symphonique” for trombone and band.
The concert will conclude with a world premiere performance of a new work, “Be Thou My Vision,” a hymn setting for wind band and percussion, composed by Taylor.
- Standout Staples: Regional Business Leaders Offer Advice for Professional Newbies
- Recovery Art Portraying Personal Journeys to be Presented
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Partners with 50 North to host ‘Ask the Professor’ Series
- UF Helping Hands Food Drive Increasing Collection Goal
- Leading the Way: Business Affiliates Scholarship Program Supports Students from the Region
- Mazza Museum’s Funday Sunday Series to Return in November