The field of education offers a wide variety of career options – from guidance and teaching to building and district leaders. Each position has the opportunity to change lives through powerful connections.
UF alumna, Kim Grilliot ’81, earned a Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of Findlay. She chose to go into teaching because she really liked her junior high math teacher. “He was a great mentor to me. My first full-time teaching position was actually in that same classroom,” said Grilliot.
This powerful connection, paired with her UF education, guided her into her teaching career and follows her through into her current position as principal of Notre Dame Academy.
“I continue to keep that personal experience with my students. As principal, I moved my office to be directly across from the dining hall so that the students could stop in and see me at any time. I think it’s one of the best decisions that I’ve made as an administrator – to keep that personal experience with my students. At the University of Findlay I see that powerful connection here that I remember. The professors all have their doors open and have strong student connections,” said Grilliot.
Click the video below to hear more from UF alumna, Kim Grilliot ’81.
For more information on education programs at the University of Findlay, click here.
- Alumnus has Hot Career as Nuclear Pharmacist
- UF’s Online MBA Program Named One of Ohio’s Best
- Life is What You Make it: Skylar Mettert ’11 M ’14 Sees a Bright Future for UF
- AEP Foundation Donates $500,000 for New UF Scholarships
- Mazza Museum Funday Sunday to Feature Afternoon Elf Workshop
- Equestrian Show Team Results – October 2019 Review