The University of Findlay gratefully accepted donor gifts from 181 that totaled $28,698 on the first Founders’ Day of Giving, which was held all day Thursday, Sept. 7.
The effort to raise funds for current and future Oilers was part of the University’s 135th anniversary celebration. It reinforced the University founders’ dedicated support, collaborative vision and commitment to helping individuals lead meaningful lives and have productive careers.
Primarily a virtual giving drive, participants were encouraged to visit online to donate on that particular day.
Collection boxes were also available at Founders’ Day of Giving partner businesses, including Trends! On Main, East of Chicago Pizza, Sink’s Flower Shop and Greenhouse, Lawless Barbershop, QQ Gardens, Bread Kneads and The Lunch Box powered by Bread Kneads, George House Coffee & Tea Co., We Serve. Coffee, and Shoe Sensation.
Additionally, past Founders’ Day Award recipients from several states gathered that evening at a celebration held at the Carrothers Home of the President.
Findlay College was founded by the Churches of God General Conference and the City of Findlay on Jan. 25, 1882. Construction of the first campus building, Old Main, began in 1884, and classes opened in 1886. The institution changed its name to the University of Findlay in 1989.
- Alumna hired by Cleveland Browns
- Ohio Veterinarian Follows in Father’s UF Board of Trustees Footsteps
- January ’19 Educator Workshops to Focus on Helping Children Contend with Loss
- At Birchaven, Art Bridges Generational, Cognitive Gaps
- From Notion to Reality: Research in Air Pollution Leads to New Chamber
- Game, Set, Match: Gatherings Offer Opportunities for Moving and Learning