The University of Findlay Circle K’s Miracle Network Dance Marathon on Nov. 11 raised $40,967; the goal had been $40,000. Funding will support Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals, including Mercy Children’s Hospital in Toledo.
The family-friendly fundraiser featured music, food, games, inflatables, an auction, and, of course, dancing.
Leading up to the day were Minute for Mercy drives at UF’s home football game on Sept. 9 and at the Sept. 15 volleyball game in Croy Gymnasium. During one minute of halftime, spare change was collected to help 62 children who receive services every 60 seconds at a CMN Hospital.
Circle K also celebrated Children’s Health Day on Monday, Oct. 2 from 6-8 p.m. in Malcolm Dining Hall. Visitors met a Miracle child and made a craft.
UF’s Circle K chapter raised $33,397 during 2016 dance marathon activities. This year’s goal is $40,000.
- Unlikely Duo Raises Illiteracy Awareness
- Juneteenth Lessons Learned
- Mother’s Wisdom: Sherri Garner Brumbaugh Stays Busy and Happy
- University Marching Band Adds Color Guard
- Still Studying Life: Biology Graduate Continues Education
- Stories in Space: University of Findlay and Findlay-Hancock Public Library Partner for Summer Education